Dear Residents, Families and Staff,
Important COVID–19 Information
Thank you to everyone for your continued support to our Homes during this unprecedented time as we deal with COVID–19. We wish to advise that we are continuously monitoring the rapid increase of COVID-19 cases in Victoria, which sadly is placing the vulnerable elderly community in Victoria at far greater risk. As a result, we are seeing increased protection measures around visitation being recommenced in Victorian Nursing Homes.
In providing this update today, we wish to remind you of the risk that we are all still facing and ask you to remain vigilant in maintaining social distancing measures and adhering to all infection control practices (e.g. washing hands etc).
We also continuously review guidelines received from the Department of Health as well as other Aged Care Industry Bodies. After reviewing the current situation in Victoria, we are continuing with the restricted access measures to our homes for families and friends as per below.
- People who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days cannot enter Warrina Homes.
- People who have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days cannot enter Warrina Homes.
- People who are unwell, including with a fever (>38) or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath) or loss of taste or smell in the past 72 hours cannot enter Warrina Homes.
- People who have entered South Australia from any place other than directly from the Northern Territory, Western Australia, Queensland or Tasmania in the last 14 days cannot enter Warrina Homes.
- People who do not have an up-to-date 2020 flu vaccination cannot enter Warrina Homes.
- A maximum of two visitors at one time per Resident.
- There is no time limit on visits from spouses, other close relatives and social support persons. We do however ask that you are mindful of the time spent with your loved ones ensuring that Warrina Homes are able to maintain the four square metre rule in enclosed spaces collectively i.e. taking into account total number of people on our premises at any given point in time.
- Visits must be conducted in a Resident’s room or outdoors.
- Visit are not to occur in communal areas with other residents.
- All visitors must practice physical distancing, staying 1.5 metres away from other people whenever possible.
- Residents can leave Warrina Homes to attend small family gatherings. This includes close friends, partners, couples and siblings/familial groups in a facility. Families need to identify with the Registered Nurse the location of the outing, the number of people involved and the date.
- Other external excursions for groups of Residents are not permitted
- Children under the age of 16 are now permitted entry into Warrina Homes as long as they provide evidence of receiving the influenza vaccination 2020 (children under 6 months are exempt from this requirement)
A screening tool is being used for all Residents entering or returning from other health facilities and community settings for symptoms of COVID-19 and the same is also used for Residents returning from outings, social or medical appointments.
Other restrictions will remain in place for Aged Care Facilities to protect older Australians as we navigate moving towards a COVID-19 Safe Australia. We therefore ask that you continue to make appointments for visiting our Homes 24 hours prior to your visit through the Warrina Homes Head Office number on 1300 424 332.
Please be assured that Warrina Homes’ priority is to maintain the wellbeing, health and safety of all residents and employees in our residential care facilities. This also includes independent living units, serviced apartments and the broader community.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact myself or Michelle Schupelius, Manager Residential Services on 0427 412 994.
Andrew Curle, CEO