1 April 2021
Dear Residents and Families,
Residential Care Facilities – Important COVID–19 Information
We communicate with you today regarding Official correspondence that we have received from SA Police Commissioner and SA Health.
As we have seen over the past twelve months, information changes at any moment. We appreciate the volume of information that everyone is receiving through our communication, radio, television and social media and will endeavour to assist with any queries you have where possible.
Please review the following requirements as directed by the Emergency Direction No 33 dated 19 March 2021:
- Residents can receive unlimited number of visits by up to four family members or friends at any given time.
- Visits are for unlimited timeframes.
- Masks are not required to be worn but are readily available at reception if you choose to wear one
- You are required to be screened at reception by a Warrina Homes staff member who will take your temperature and ask you to sign our visitor health declaration. You are also required to provide evidence of your 2020 flu vaccination if you have not already supplied this.
- All visits must still occur in the resident’s room or outdoors where no other resident currently is.
- Visitors are required to maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres.
Please be aware that access at our Residential Care Facilities will remain controlled and that the doors will be answered as soon as possible after ringing the bell. We therefore ask you to have understanding that at times there may be delays answering the front door as staff may be attending to the needs of our residents. The safety of our residents, families and staff remain our highest priority.
Prohibited to visit:
Until further notice, you are not permitted to enter or remain on the premises of residential aged care facilities in South Australia if:
- You have entered from Queensland or Byron Shire Council NSW in the past 14 days
- You have entered South Australia from overseas (other than New Zealand) in the last 14 days.
- You have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have a fever (>37.5), or have a history of fever and chills in the past 72 hours, or symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath) or loss of taste or smell.
- You have undertaken a COVID-19 test and are awaiting the test result, unless this was a routine COVID-19 test required to be undertaken due to cross border travel.
- You have not been vaccinated against 2020 seasonal influenza, unless you:
- have a medical contraindication to the influenza vaccine (you will need a letter from your doctor to confirm this), or
- you cannot access a flu vaccine as it is not reasonably available, or
- you are an infant aged 6 months or less.
Residents are able to leave the facility, regardless of the reasons. Returning residents will be screened and may be required to isolate and have a COVID-19 test to mitigate any risk to other residents.
We have commenced COVID-19 vaccination consents with residents and/or their representatives. We have not been communicated at this stage in regards to when the clinic will be at Warrina Homes. When we are made aware we will communicate this to you.
Staff are commencing their flu vaccinations next week in preparation for the mandated influenza vaccination requirements. All staff and visitors are required to have their influenza vaccination 2021 by 30 June 2021. Please ensure that you email your evidence through to us or provide us with this so we can maintain our records.
Executive Manager Residential Services